English | AA
The Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) degree are designed for transfer to a 4-year institution. These suggested plans of study will lead to completion of the AA or AS degree requirements listed in the college catalog. These are suggested plans of study only and it is critical that students confer with their intended transfer institution, as well as their academic advisor, to make the best course selections in meeting degree requirements. The college maintains a large number of articulation agreements that specifically outline efficient transfer plans to partner colleges and universities.
Associate of Arts
Sioux City Campus
An English degree provides students with a comprehensive understanding of linguistics, grammar, writing, and literary analysis. Enrollees explore the English language and its applications while learning about the fundamentals of the written word. View career outlook information.
- English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
- Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
- Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
- Library Technicians
- Reporters and Correspondents
- Technical Writers
- Copy Writers
- Proofreaders and Copy Markers
For a list of current required classes, visit our catalog at:
Faculty and Staff
Estimated Cost of Attending
* This is an approximate cost based on tuition and fees set by the Board of Directors before each school year. Course level fees may also apply. Additional charges for licensure or credential testing may be a part of your program.
** The cost of books varies per program.