The Denison branch campus serves students in Crawford and Monona counties and offers face-to-face, hybrid, and online classes. The branch campus offers a personalized educational experience, one-on-one assistance, and student support services. Denison has Nursing, HVAC and Welding on-site and the ability to support enrollment in hybrid and online programs. Students can enroll in almost any Western Iowa Tech program at Denison, taking a few select classes at the Sioux City campus.
Many Western Iowa Tech programs can be completed through a combination of in-person classes in Denison, Sioux City, and online. View the programs that are available to Denison students. To register for any of these programs, contact the Denison Campus.
Check out important academic and financial aid dates for the semester.
Register for Classes
If you have not applied to the college, your first step is completing the free online application. You will need to create an account. If you have already applied to the college, make a registration appointment with your advisor.
The Denison campus has high-tech classrooms for hands-on learning and provides the technology required for students to be successful:
- MacBooks downloaded with curriculum - specific software for each student
- Technology training for students unfamiliar with laptops
- Hybrid and zoom classes for distance learning
- Video presence classrooms
- Science, Nursing, HVAC, Welding and computer labs with industry-standard equipment
- Downloadable eBooks to lower costs of books
- Free WiFi
- MiFi devices for students with internet accessibility issues
Denison students have immediate access to support services on campus, and can easily connect to additional services and events via zoom.
- Learning resource room
- Disability services
- Food pantry
- Assistive technology - Kurzweil Reader Software
- Academic advising
- Computerized Placement Preparation and Testing (CPT)
- ALEKS preparation and testing
- Career services
- Student activities
Mental Health Counseling
Western Iowa Tech is pleased to provide face-to-face counseling services for Denison students. We have contracted with Plains Area Mental Health Services to offer free therapy sessions available in-person, via Zoom, or over the phone.