Complete the following checklist before classes start.
Keep up-to-date on important academic dates.
Several programs have additional entrance requirements. Double-check the instructions for your program.
Send your official high school or college transcripts to email@example.com.
If you plan on living on campus, complete the online student housing application and submit the $270 fee. For housing questions, contact:
Pay for College
To apply for financial aid, fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The process takes 6-8 weeks, so start early. You will need to use the Western Iowa Tech Federal Student Code: 004590. Use our helpful financial aid guide to walk you through the financial aid process. Need help filling out the FAFSA? Contact Jessa Grosenheider / 515.402.4241 / jgrosenheider@ICANsucceed.org and check out our FAFSA guide.
Get more money to pay for college and apply for the Foundation Scholarship. Priority deadline is March 15. To apply, go the Finances card on MyWIT (login instructions below) and click on the Foundation Scholarship Application link.
Financial Aid Status
Once you have completed your FAFSA check your MyWIT email for financial aid status updates. You can also check your aid status on the student portal MyWIT (login instructions below) by finding the Finances card, and clicking on the Required Documents link. Follow the instructions and supply the needed documents. For financial aid questions contact the Student Financial Services / 712.274.6402 / firstname.lastname@example.org or view our helpful guide.
Log into MyWIT
MyWIT is the student portal that houses all of your important college information. Your MyWIT login credentials and student ID number can be found in your college acceptance letter. For login assistance contact the IT Help Desk.
- Go to my.witcc.edu
- domain/user name: wit + student ID number + @witcc (wit0123456@witcc)
- default password: first initial capitalized + last initial lowercase + birthdate in eight-digit format + witcc (Flmmddyyyywitcc)
- You will be prompted for additional security verification. Select your preferred method of contact and country. Enter the code you receive to complete verification.
MyWIT email is the primary way the college communicates with you. Go to the Student Email card on MyWIT.
- email address: email address: email@example.com
- email password: first initial capitalized + last initial lowercase + birthdate in eight-digit format + witcc (Flmmddyyyywitcc)
- You will be prompted for additional security verification, please follow the onscreen prompts to enter the necessary information.
Go to the Class Schedule card on MyWIT. Select the term you wish to view and click on the schedule. If you can't find the Class Schedule card, Click on the Discover More button for more options.
Online orientation is called Cengage Activation/Student Resources. This class provides important information and helpful tips for a successful school year. Orientation is a free, non-credit, non-graded course. About a week before your classes start, "ECengage Activation/Student Resources" will be added to your course list in Canvas. You can access the class by going to the Canvas card on MyWIT and selecting Cengage Activation/Student Resources. Review the modules, especially the module for First Year Students.
The Canvas card is where you will go to access online classes. Your online classes won't show up until the first day of school but you can watch the Canvas Overview for Students video for helpful hints.
Your student ID is available on MyWIT in the WITCC ID card. Use your digital ID for laptops, student center, library, and cafeteria.
Get Your Books
You may need physical textbooks, digital materials or ebooks for class. Book information will be posted 3-4 weeks before each semester start. To find out what books you need, log into MyWIT and locate the Books card. (Can't find the Books card? Click on the Discover More button for more options.) Select the term you wish to view. If "Available Through Bookstore" is listed, you will need to purchase or rent textbooks from the bookstore. If "Cengage Unlimited", "Open Educational Resources", "Lumen Learning", or "My Lab" is listed, your class uses digital materials and you will need to renew or activate your Cengage Unlimited account. Students are automatically provided a Cengage subscription and no additional purchase is required.
Activate Cengage Unlimited Account
You can activate your account before the semester, but digital books won't be available until the first day of class.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox browsers and enable pop-ups.
- Go to my.witcc.edu > Canvas > Cengage Activation/Student Resources > Click Here to Activate Your Cengage Unlimited Subscription
- Load Cengage Unlimited student dashboard in a new window
- Returning students sign in with your existing account.
- New students click on Create Account at the bottom of the screen. Fill in your information and choose the student account type. You must use your MyWIT student email.
- Go to your MyWIT email account to verify your account. Use the same device and browser as when you created your account.
- Set your password. You will see Cengage Unlimited access confirmation.
- After logging on or completing registration, you will land on your dashboard.
- If at any point you are prompted to add or purchase an access code, do not do it.
Need help setting up your Cengage account? Visit the Comet Learning Center in Sioux City, or the front desk in Denison and Cherokee. You can also view Cengage Unlimited tech support for most frequently asked questions.
Online Student Support
Visit https://info.cengage.com/OfficeHours_MidWest_Mindera to chat with customer support. You will be asked to enter your name and school before entering the zoom. Please join through your computer, not your phone, so that you can share your screen.
Pick Up Laptop
Check at the front desk after winter break.
Check at the front desk after winter break.
Laptops are available for pick-up starting January 4 (spring classes). Take your laptop to the Comet Learning Center (CLC) located in the library to have your laptop set up.
Student Needs Survey
Please take a few moments to fill out our student needs survey. This will help us better help you achive your academic goals.