Iowa needs people like you fill exciting jobs in growing industries. To help keep Iowa moving forward, you can get free tuition for programs that lead to high-demand jobs and good-paying careers. Earn a one-year or two-year degree and get hired immediately upon graduation - all with free tuition.
- Must apply for all other available financial aid
- Must meet certain financial criteria
- Remain an Iowa resident
- Attend orientation
- Meet and register for courses with an advisor
- Continuously receive a Last-Dollar Scholarship disbursement in each semester/term (summer semester/term is not required)
- Make satisfactory academic progress
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year
- Remain continuously enrolled in the required number of hours per semester (summer semester is not required):
- Recent high school graduates, at least six hours
- Adult students, at least six hours
- Students may receive the Last-Dollar Scholarship for up to eight part-time semesters or the full-time equivalent.
Get Free Tuition
To qualify for free tuition, you must complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by July 15.
More on FAFSA