Associate of Science
The Associate of Science Chemistry Transfer Major prepares graduates to transfer to a 4-year program in chemistry, other science or preprofessional health-related programs.
Program Level Learning Outcomes
Students upon graduation with an AS degree in Chemistry from Western Iowa Tech will have demonstrated that they:
- Know and are able to apply current scientific principles and theories.
- Follow and modify (as necessary) protocols to carry out chemical experiments, record, and analyze the results.
- Use modern instrumentation and classical techniques to perform experiments and properly record the results of their experiments.
- Solve chemical problems applying critical thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Practice proper procedures and safe handling of chemicals.
- Are able to discuss ethical, historical, and environmental issues that affect work in the field of chemistry.