If you cannot make it to WITCC to take your CPT, you can arrange to have
it taken in your hometown. In order to do this, you must:
- A complete application is required to Western Iowa Tech Community College before you may test. This can be done at https://www.witcc.edu/onestop/apply.cfm.
- Arrange to have it supervised by an appropriate proctor. This person must
meet the following criteria and agree to serve your examination. Most officials
are willing to supervise examinations without a charge as a service to students
in their area. Any examination fee, however, is your responsibility.
- Administrators of accredited post secondary degree-granting institutions
- School superintendents or elementary or secondary school principals
or guidance counselors in an educational setting
- Directors of public, school or college libraries
- For military personnel, an education officer or commanding officer
- Directors of educational services at correctional facilities
- The independent study office of any member institution of the University
Continuing Education Association
- For those outside the US, a proctor whose position is equivalent to
one of those listed above or an administrative official of a US Embassy
- Fill out the form below. WITCC will then contact your proctor to verify
- You will need to schedule a time to test with your proctor.
- Allow at least one week between the time you find your proctor
and submit the form until you schedule the test for all the paperwork to
be complete and your proctor verified.
- You can only retake the CPT every two weeks.
Western Iowa Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other protected basis as defined in Iowa or federal law as amended from time to time in its educational programs, activities, admission procedures or employment practices. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College's Grievance or Complaint Procedures. Complaint or Grievance Forms and Procedures may be obtained from the WITCC Human Resources Department, Dr. Robert H. Kiser Building, Room A242, (712) 274-6400, Ext. 1220.
View our Privacy Statement