CPT Test Preparation
Do you need to prepare to take the Accuplacer CPT Test?Here are some free internet-based resources which may be helpful as a review:
- Math, Reading and Sentence skill improvement with Learning Express Library
Create your own Learning Express Library account by doing the following:
1. If using an off-campus computer, contact the WITCC library to request the current user name and password to access the library databases. If you are on campus, proceed to step 2.
2. Browse to the library Databases resource by clicking here. (You will need to enter the login and password you were given if off-campus.) This can be found on MyWIT or by calling the library at 712.274.8733 ext. 1239.
3. Scroll down to Learning Express Library in the list of databases and click the link.
4. Once you are on the Learning Express Library website you can register as a new user.
The Learning Express Library areas that can assist with CPT Test Preparation are:
• Math and Reasoning Skills
• Reading Comprehension Skills Improvement
• Writing and Grammar Skills Improvement
- Math skill improvement with Khan Academy
Visit the Khan Academy at www.khanacademy.org and select VIEW to view useful instructional videos in math and other areas.
You can select PRACTICE to work through math lessons, or you can create an account that will allow you to work through an entire interactive math program step by step.
Khan Academy video areas which can assist you in preparation for the CPT Math test are:
• Developmental Math 1
• Developmental Math 2
• Algebra Worked Examples
You can also download a FREE Accuplacer Study Guide here