Do you need to prepare to take the Accuplacer CPT Test? Here are some free internet-based resources which may be helpful as a review:
- Science Skills Improvement
Please visit the website http://media.witcc.edu/Science_CPT_Preparation_Menu.aspx and view the instructional videos to help prepare with the CPT Science.
- Math, Reading and Sentence skill improvement with Learning Express Library
Create your own Learning Express Library account by doing the following:
1. If using an off-campus computer, contact the WITCC library to request the current user name and password to access the library databases. If you are on campus, proceed to step 2.
2. Browse to the library Databases resource by clicking here. (You will need to enter the login and password you were given if off-campus.)
Scroll down to Learning Express Library in the list of databases and click the link.
4. Once you are on the Learning Express Library website you can register as a new user.
The Learning Express Library areas that can assist with CPT Test Preparation are:
• Math and Reasoning Skills
• Reading Comprehension Skills Improvement
• Writing and Grammar Skills Improvement
- Math and Science skill improvement with Khan Academy
Visit the Khan Academy at www.khanacademy.org and select VIEW to view useful instructional videos in math, biology, chemistry, organic chemistry and many other areas.
You can select PRACTICE to work through math lessons, or you can create an account that will allow you to work through an entire interactive math program step by step.
Khan Academy video areas which can assist you in preparation for the CPT Math test are:
• Developmental Math 1
• Developmental Math 2
• Algebra Worked Examples
Khan Academy video areas that can assist you in preparation for the CPT Science test are:
• Organic Chemistry
You can also download a FREE Accuplacer Study Guide here
Western Iowa Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other protected basis as defined in Iowa or federal law as amended from time to time in its educational programs, activities, admission procedures or employment practices. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College's Grievance or Complaint Procedures. Complaint or Grievance Forms and Procedures may be obtained from the WITCC Human Resources Department, Dr. Robert H. Kiser Building, Room A242, (712) 274-6400, Ext. 1220.
View our Privacy Statement