Thank you for choosing to take your CLEP exam through Testing Center at WITCC. The following is some important information about your upcoming testing of which you need to be aware, especially since some of it requires action by you ahead of your test appointment. If you have questions about this information, please contact our office.
All examinees must go to the CLEP website, establish "My Account," and register to take a specific CLEP exam. This process includes paying the test fee. You MUST print out your Registration Ticket and bring it with you to your test appointment.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to clep.collegeboard.org, then click "CLEP for Test Takers"
- Under "Next Steps," go to "register to take an exam"
- Follow the prompts to set up your account, and to actually register to take a specific exam, and pay the test fee
- Once you have created your account and registered and paid for your test, please call the WITCC Test Center to schedule for the exam at 712-274-6443
- You can set up your account as a separate procedure and come back later to register to take a CLEP test
- You must register with CLEP listing your name EXACTLY as it appears on the photo id you will be showing when you arrive for your test.
- Setting up your account does not take that much time (maybe 5-10 minutes); however, the process to register to take a CLEP exam can be fairly lengthy, so be sure you have at least 15-20 minutes to complete the process
- When you register, you must select a specific CLEP test that you wish to take and pay for (be especially careful to choose the correct test). If you change your mind and want to take a different exam, you need to go back and get a credit for the first test, and pay for the new one. The test that is listed on your Registration Ticket when you come to take the exam is the one that we must give you; we cannot change the exam at the test center.
- Again, you MUST have a Registration Ticket when you come to take your exam - no ticket, no test.
- You must present one form of ID: Government issued photo id bearing your name, signature, recognizable photo (examples: Driver's license, passport)
- You must pay the $20 administration fee to WITCC at the cashier. The cashier is located in Admissions. Admissions is located to the right when you enter in Entrance 1. You will be given a receipt, which you will bring with you to the Test Center.
- You must have your registration ticket voucher from CLEP. You will print this upon registering and paying for the CLEP exam on CLEP's website.
- For all tests except College Composition, you will receive an unofficial score report when you complete the exam. For College Composition, CLEP will score the two essays, and notify you via email when the scores are available on the My Account Registration Portal. You will log in to CLEP using the same information as you registered to take the exam.
- CLEP policy is that you cannot repeat the same test title within six months.
- Upon successful completion of the CLEP test, you will need to take the printout given to you at the Testing Center to Admissions to be added to your WITCC transcript. There is a charge of $5 per credit to be added to your transcript.