Thank you for choosing to take your CLEP exam through Testing Center at WITCC. The following is some important information about your upcoming testing of which you need to be aware, especially since some of it requires action by you ahead of your test appointment. If you have questions about this information, please contact our office.
Effective May 28, 2014, the CLEP fee (currently $80) is no longer collected at the test center. All examinees must now go to the CLEP website, establish "My Account," and register to take a specific CLEP exam. This process includes paying the $80 test fee. You MUST print out your Registration Ticket and bring it with you to your test appointment.
Please follow these steps:
- Go to clep.collegeboard.org, then click "CLEP for Test Takers"
- Under "Next Steps," go to "register to take an exam"
- Follow the prompts to set up your account, and to actually register to take a specific exam, and pay the test fee of $80
- You can set up your account as a separate procedure and come back later to register to take a CLEP test
- Setting up your account does not take that much time (maybe 5-10 minutes); however, the process to register to take a CLEP exam can be fairly lengthy, so be sure you have at least 15-20 minutes to complete the process
- When you register, you must select a specific CLEP test that you wish to take and pay for (be especially careful to choose the correct test). If you change your mind and want to take a different exam, you need to go back and get a credit for the first test, and pay for the new one. The test that is listed on your Registration Ticket when you come to take the exam is the one that we must give you; we cannot change the exam at the test center.
- Again, you MUST have a Registration Ticket when you come to take your exam - no ticket, no test.
- You must present two forms of ID: the primary ID must be a government-issued photo ID bearing your name, signature and a recognizable photo (examples: passport, driver's license, etc.). You must also have one piece of secondary ID that bears your name and either a photo or a signature (example: student ID, but no credit or Social Security cards). If you do not have an appropriate primary or secondary ID as stated above, go to the CLEP website (see above) and download the form (called the CLEP Student ID Form) that you need to complete that will substitute for either the primary or the secondary ID. This form can be re-used for a period of one year. This form needs to be completed by a school official or by a notary. NOTE: The first and last names on the ID must match that on the Registration Ticket.
- You must pay the $20 service fee at the time of testing; this fee can be paid by cash, check or money order, payable to WITCC (no credit cards); you will be given a receipt for this payment.
- For all tests except College Composition, you will receive an unofficial score report when you complete the exam (for College Comp, CLEP has to score the two essays, so you will receive your score in a few weeks). You will not receive a score report in the mail, or via E-mail. Your institution should receive the official score report in 2-4 weeks after the test date. Check with your school to confirm they have received that report.
- CLEP policy is that you cannot repeat the same test title within six months.
- Upon successful completion of the CLEP test, you will need to take the printout given to you at the Testing Center to Admissions to be added to your WITCC transcript. There is a charge of $5 per credit to be added to your transcript.
Western Iowa Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other protected basis as defined in Iowa or federal law as amended from time to time in its educational programs, activities, admission procedures or employment practices. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College's Grievance or Complaint Procedures. Complaint or Grievance Forms and Procedures may be obtained from the WITCC Human Resources Department, Dr. Robert H. Kiser Building, Room A242, (712) 274-6400, Ext. 1220.
View our Privacy Statement