Counseling Services Coordinator
|Reports To:||Director of Advising, Counseling, and Disability S|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to coordinate counseling services to assist a multiculturally rich and diverse student body in attaining their educational, interpersonal, and academic goals. These services may include individual assessment and counseling; clinical crisis services; case management; psycho-educational outreach programming and consultation to students, and commitment to working in diversity, equity, and inclusion within marginalized communities.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Licensed as an LISW or LMSW or LMHC in the State of Iowa by date of hire. Masters in Social Work with clinical focus from a CSWE-Accredited program, of MA/MS in Counseling from a CACREP-Accredited Program
• Working proficiency with serious and complex mental health concerns and with mental health crises
• Previous mental health experience working on a college or university campus
• Bi-lingual is a plus
|Job Responsibilities:||• Provide direct individual and group assessment, evaluation, therapy and referral services to students
• Consult with agencies in providing specialized services for college students
• Conducts workshops and outreach services designed to provide mental health education to students, staff, faculty, administrators.
• Advise students in appropriate self-advocacy skills; provide opportunities to enhance students' abilities in discussing needs
• Manage and interpret state and federal policies, procedures and regulations related to area of responsibility
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information while maintaining confidentiality with administration. Working proficiency with office and tele-mental health support tools and electronic medical records software (e.g., TAO and Maxient software).
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 8, administrative position with an annual wage of $52,400 based upon a reduced summer semester work schedule. Full-time benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance, retirement, tuition waiver, vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer