Secretary – Part-Time
|Reports To:||Associate Dean – Health Sciences|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to provide clerical and receptionist support to the Health Sciences department.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Secretarial education.
• Related work experience.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Provide secretarial support for the department.
• Enter and update faculty assignment contracts.
• Assist students, faculty, staff and visitors in person, by email and by phone.
• Prepare correspondence and reports.
• Coordinate meeting and travel arrangements.
• Establish and maintain files and filing system.
• Use good telephone management techniques.
• Be well organized, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a part-time, grade 3, support position working 25 hours per week, Monday - Friday 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. with an hourly wage of $16.03. Benefits include retirement, tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer