Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Instructor
|Beginning Date:||August of 2020|
|Reports To:||Division Chair of Career and Technical Programs|
|About the Position:||Teach manufacturing processes including conventional and CNC machine operations. Must have operational knowledge of CAD - Computer Assisted Drafting, CAM - Computer Assisted Manufacturing, and other related courses. Other duties include, but are not limited to, classroom, management, teaching laboratory sessions, curriculum development, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment and responsibility for materials and supplies. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Associate degree in manufacturing processes, design, drafting, and machine operations.
• Three (3) years of professional experience in manufacturing, and industrial/mechanical drafting.
• Experience with technology used in advanced manufacturing systems, including CAD/CAM processes & systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
• Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
• Demonstrated experience in student learning and teaching excellence.
|Desirable Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in manufacturing-related field.
• An understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student.
• Experience with alternative learning delivery methods and systems.
• Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty, and in the curriculum.
• Experience in delivering technology-enhanced laboratory demonstrations & simulations.
• Computer experience in manufacturing and drafting software and Internet.
• Successful teaching experience.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, 178-day instructional position with an opportunity for a continuing contract status that is contingent upon Board approval and funding. Teaching assignments may include variable hours at various sites, including days, evenings, and/or weekends. Teaching assignments may include variable modes of instruction including face-to-face, hybrid, and online classes. There may be opportunity to teach during the summer semester.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance; personal leave, sick leave, and holidays; tuition waiver and retirement.
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer