Economic Development Coordinator
|Reports To:||Division Chair – Corporate Training and Consulting|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to direct and develop the College's economic development programs and state-funded job training programs; develop business partnerships; and serve as a resource for regional and local business and industry development organizations.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree.
• Experience in related field.
• Valid driver's license.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Work with economic development and civic organizations to develop and deliver economic development programs and training.
• Market services available through state and federal jobs programs to businesses.
• Prepare and monitor budget and progress for each grant.
• Develop proposals and negotiate training contracts for services.
• Manage associated grant-funded programs within Corporate College.
• Monitor legislation affecting current or future economic activities.
• Provide advice and recommendations for employment incentive programs.
• Assist with handling of bond investments; filing reports; maintaining compliance with regulations and tax codes.
• Write grant proposals and develop course co-sponsoring partnerships.
• Assess the educational and training needs of businesses.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 8, administrative position with a starting annual wage of $59,629. Work schedule may include some evenings and weekends. May include travel to off-site locations. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance; retirement, tuition waiver; vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer