Career and Industry Specialist
|Reports To:||Associate Dean of Recruitment|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to implement the Iowa Department of Education Intermediary Network Grant (WIN) to prepare students in K-12 for the workforce by connecting business and the education system through work-based learning activities.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Related work experience in education, industry and work-based learning.
• Valid driver's license.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Develop strong working relationships with regional school guidance counselors, teachers and administrators.
• Create and maintain regional industry relationships with employers to create a network of support for work-based learning opportunities.
• Offer work-based learning activities to students and teachers that provide core services including job shadows, student internships, industry tours, and teacher externships.
• Integrate services provided through the program with other career exploration-related activities as related to Future Ready Iowa and Western Iowa Tech Community College's mission.
• Facilitate the attainment of portable credentials of value to employers such as the National Career Readiness Certificate, where appropriate.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files, communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality for students, schools, teachers, and employers.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 6, administrative position with an annual salary of $43,504 grant funded through June 30, 2020. Work schedule may include occasional evenings and weekends and may include travel to off-site locations. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance, retirement, tuition waiver, vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer