Associate Dean of Inclusion
|Reports To:||Vice President of Learning|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to plan, guide and advise the Vice President of Learning on diversity, equity, and inclusion matters, to collaborate across campus to create, implement, and monitor programs designed to facilitate fair and equitable treatment of students, instilling dignity and worth for campus constituents.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Master's degree in related field.
• Experience in related field.
• Valid driver's license.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Assists and implements the President's Council on Diversity and Inclusion.
• Tracks retention, persistence, and graduation rates for underserved students.
• Develops and implements multi-modal campus-wide training to promote cultural intelligence, cultural empathy, and competency to enhance a climate of equity and inclusion.
• Provides support to and advises campus diverse student organizations and event programming.
• Completes training and serves as appropriate as a Title IX investigator.
• Communicates and articulates Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy.
• Participates in the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students, faculty and staff.
• Manages the department budget, including developing budget proposals, justifying expenses and monitoring accounts.
• Provides analysis of legislation and regulations related to equity and affirmative action.
• Commits to improving the lives of students through sound professional judgment, tolerance for ambiguity in diverse situations, and advocacy.
• Understands and is able to articulate in verbal and written form, the importance of equity, inclusion and diversity within the College's mission, strategic plan and core values.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 12, administrative position with an annual wage of $86,162. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance; retirement, tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer