Help Desk Technician
|Reports To:||Help Desk Director|
|About the Position:||The purpose of the position is to provide direct customer service and technical support to faculty, staff, students, and potential users of WITCC technology and computer services, including but not limited to hardware and software applications, networking issues, and the Colleague system.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Associate's degree or vocational/technical degree in related field.
• Work experience in related area.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Bilingual proficiency a plus.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Answer Help Desk telephone and diagnose computer-related problems.
• Use departmental software tools to document user issues and outcomes.
• Assign initial priorities to incoming questions and work with Information Technology staff to resolve problems.
• Perform routine maintenance on computer equipment.
• Install and repair software/hardware and associated peripherals.
• Set up and support classroom equipment.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 5, support position working Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hourly wage of $18.80. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance; retirement; tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer