Global Education Specialist
|Reports To:||Dean of International Educational Institute|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to provide leadership in the management, development, implementation and evaluation of the international student process and programs.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Experience in related field.
• Valid driver's license.
• Bilingual proficiency a plus.
• Must have established ties in Africa including the countries of Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Togo, Congo, Cameroon, Ghana, and Liberia at a minimum.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Implement strategies developed for the international student process that demonstrate a commitment to multiculturalism.
• Maintain established partnerships with African countries, and establish new relationships for recruiting opportunities.
• Serve as an advisor for African international students and assess educational progress for academic placement.
• Evaluate student's transcripts to meet college completion and transfer requirements.
• Monitor and evaluate academic progress to ensure student success.
• Coordinate peer mentoring, tutoring services and personal, career and academic counseling for international students.
• Coordinate activities between faculty, staff, friendship families, student mentors and others involved in the international student process.
• Develop, organize, prepare and evaluate training materials and curriculum.
• Coordinate meetings, events, workshops, campus visits and field trips.
• Two annual trips to Africa required.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 6, administrative position with an annual wage of
$43,504. Work schedule may include occasional evenings and weekends and will include travel to off-site locations. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance, retirement, tuition waiver, vacation, sick leave and holidays.
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer