Economic Development Specialist
|Reports To:||Assoc Dean of Economic Development|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to assist the Associate Dean in promoting, implementing, and monitoring economic development programs and state-funded job training programs, and coordinating contract agreements between business partners, the College, and the Iowa Economic Development Authority, as well as support other Corporate College functions.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field preferred.
• Experience in related field.
• Valid driver's license.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Assist with the marketing of economic development services available through state and federal jobs programs such as Iowa New Jobs Training program, Iowa Jobs Training program, the Accelerated Career Education Program, and the Small Business Development Center.
• Communicate with business partners, area economic development groups, and civic organizations to assist with the development and delivery of economic development programs and training.
• Support the development of new state program agreements with businesses for Iowa Economic Development Authority approval.
• Maintain and monitor current training contracts to include monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews of funding approvals and performance reports.
• Maintain the economic development training fund, track records, and reconcile accounts with College business office and business partners.
• Help facilitate the annual bond sale ensuring that all preliminary agreements; applications; financial reviews; and legal requirements; are met for approval by the Associate Dean, Iowa Economic Development Authority and the College.
• Process Corporate College billing.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 6, administrative position with an annual wage of $43,504. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance; retirement, tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer