Adult Basic Education (ABE) Specialist – Denison
|Reports To:||Administrative Program Coordinator|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to provide instructional assistance to students to increase their basic educational and/or limited English reading, writing, math, problem solving, and literacy skills.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree.
• Work experience in related field.
• Bilingual proficiency a plus.
• Credits or certification in ELL a plus.
• Teaching certificate preferred.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Assess the academic needs of student learners.
• Schedule, administer, score, and interpret assessment and other tests in career and course planning; assist students with interpretation.
• Work with students to increase their basic skill development.
• Provide instructional assistance and classroom management to student learners.
• Refer students to individual or group tutoring for coursework assistance.
• Assist with the development of ABE and ELL (English Language Learner) curriculum.
• Collect and maintain student data and program records.
• Work with instructors, agency representatives and others to deliver services and study materials to students.
• Assist in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of student learners.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a limited part-time, grade 6 position working 5 hours per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at $20.50 per hour. Position will work mid-August to mid-May with no summer schedule. Benefits include retirement.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer