Instruct Program Coord- Audio, Video, Broadcasting
|Beginning Date:||June 1, 2018|
|Reports To:||Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to provide leadership in the management, development, implementation and evaluation of the Audio Engineering, Video and Media Production, and Broadcasting and Multi-Media Journalism programs. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Associate degree in Audio, Video, Broadcasting or related field.
• Three (3) years' professional experience in related field.
• Successful teaching experience.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Provide leadership for the Audio Engineering, Video and Media Production and Broadcasting and Multi-Media Journalism programs.
• Facilitate/coordinate classroom instruction, clinical, conferences and meetings.
• Develop, review and evaluate courses.
• Recruit and advise students on course programs and curriculum.
• Manage course registrations, enrollments and program budget.
• Recruit and train adjunct instructors.
• Maintain, order and organize equipment, supplies and products.
• Teach courses in Audio Engineering, Video and Media Production and Broadcasting and Multi-Media Journalism as necessary.
• Develop and maintain WITCC articulation agreements.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Desirable Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree or higher in Audio, Video, Broadcasting or related field
• An understanding of the community college philosophy and student.
• Experience with alternative learning delivery methods and systems.
• Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty, and in the curriculum.
• Experience in delivering computer-enhanced laboratory simulations.
• Computer experience in common software and Internet.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 8, administrative position with an annual wage of $58,460. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance, retirement, tuition waiver, vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer