Division Chair- Allied Health
|Beginning Date:||June 1, 2018|
|Reports To:||Associate Dean of Career and Technical Education|
|About the Position:||The Division Chair will coordinate instructional programs and course activities including scheduling, curriculum development, program academic outcomes assessment, purchasing, recruitment and student support. Instructional programs will include: Certified Nursing Assistant, Dental Assisting, Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapist Assistant, and Surgical Technician.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Master's degree in health related field.
• Professional work experience in health related field.
• Successful teaching experience.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Provide leadership for the credit and noncredit Allied Health programs.
• Review, expand, and evaluate existing courses, programs, extracurricular offerings, and curriculum while meeting accreditation standards.
• Manage course registrations, enrollments, and program budget.
• Direct course scheduling, faculty assignments, assessment, and book adoptions.
• Direct curriculum and syllabi development, course review, assessment and NACEP.
• Coordinate activities, meetings and events associated with the discipline area.
• Conduct classroom observations and support instructors.
• Recruit, supervise, train and evaluate instructors and staff.
• Coordinate, schedule and document Advisory Board meetings, discipline specific faculty development and other accreditation requirements.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 11, administrative position with an annual wage of $77,945. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; retirement and tuition waiver.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer