Adult Basic Education (ABE) Specialist
|Reports To:||Director SSS and ABE|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to provide instructional assistance to students to increase their basic educational and/or limited English reading, writing, math, problem solving, and literacy skills.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree.
• Work experience in related field.
• Bilingual proficiency a plus.
• Credits or certification in ELL a plus.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Assess the academic needs of student learners.
• Schedule, administer, score, and interpret assessment and other tests in career and course planning; assist students with interpretation.
• Assist with the development and recruitment of Integrated Education and Training/Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education students and program.
• Work with students to increase their basic skill development.
• Provide instructional assistance and classroom management to student learners.
• Refer students to individual or group tutoring for coursework assistance.
• Assist with the development of ABE curriculum.
• Collect and maintain student data and program records.
• Work with instructors, agency representatives and others to deliver services and study materials to students.
• Assist in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of student learners.
• Use excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a part time, grade 6, administrative, position working 20 hours per week Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with an annual wage of $16,404. Position will work from mid-August to mid-May with no summer hours. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; tuition waiver and retirement.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer