|Reports To:||Library Services Manager|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to maintain and develop quality library materials and services, maintain library and circulation policies and procedures, and assist students, staff, and the public in the use of the library.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in Library Science or related field.
• Work experience in related field.
• Knowledge of cataloging by Library of Congress Classification System.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Assist students, staff and the public in person, by telephone or electronically in the use of the library.
• Supervise the circulation of all library materials.
• Supervise and train student workers to provide appropriate assistance to customers using the library catalog system.
• Instruct students and staff on research methods.
• Use authoritative reviews of books and e-books to assist in choosing appropriate materials for use in the programs offered at WITCC.
• Maintain complete records of interlibrary loan transactions.
• Maintain circulation procedures and use statistics to compile reports.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a part-time, grade 6, administrative position working 20 hours per week Monday through Thursday 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with an annual salary of $20,908. Summer schedule June 4 - July 28, Monday through Friday 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, tuition waiver and retirement.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer