Computer Networking Instructor
|Reports To:||Division Chair of Career and Technical Programs|
|About the Position:||Teach Computer Networking and technology related courses. Other duties include, but are not limited to, classroom management, teaching laboratory sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment and responsibility for materials and supplies. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Associate's degree and industry certification in Cisco/CCNA, Microsoft/MCSE, A+, Network+ and Security+ or progressing towards certification.
• Related work experience.
• Effective oral and written communication and human relation skills.
• Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
• Demonstrated experience in student learning and teaching excellence.
|Desirable Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• An understanding of community college philosophy and community college students.
• Experience with alternative learning delivery methods and systems.
• Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty, and in the curriculum.
• Experience in delivering computer-enhanced laboratory simulations.
• Computer experience in common software and Internet.
• Successful teaching experience.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, 178-day instructional position with an opportunity for a continuing contract status that is contingent upon Board approval and funding. Teaching assignments may include variable hours at various sites, including days, evenings, and/or weekends. Teaching assignments may include variable modes of instruction including face-to-face, hybrid, and online. There may be opportunity to teach during the summer semester.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance; personal leave, sick leave, and holidays; tuition waiver and retirement.
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer