|Reports To:||Safety and Security Supervisor|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and protection of WITCC campus facilities, students, staff and visitors on campus.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• High school diploma or HSED.
• Experience in related field.
• Valid driver's license.
• Law enforcement training a plus.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Provide security watch of WITCC campus and Student Housing
• Secure buildings and patrol campus by vehicle and on foot; monitor conditions of facilities.
• Investigate and follow-up on campus incidents.
• Assist students, staff and visitors by giving directions and information.
• Provide traffic control and assist motorists.
• Respond to emergencies and accidents.
• Assist with Student Housing issues.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
• Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate and interpret information maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a part-time, grade 3, support position working 25 hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday 9:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. with a starting hourly wage of $16.18. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave and holidays; tuition waiver and retirement.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer