|Reports To:||Director of Physical Plant and College Safety|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to keep campus machinery, mechanical equipment, and structures in good repair and operating condition, including the maintenance of heating/cooling, ventilation, lighting and related systems.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Maintenance experience.
• Ability to lift 60lbs.
• Valid driver's license.
• Valid boiler license preferred.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Perform scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs of campus facilities and structures.
• Install/repair heating, air conditioning, refrigerating and air ventilating systems.
• Install, maintain and repair pipe systems.
• Monitor mechanical boiler equipment.
• Install, maintain and repair electrical wiring equipment and fixtures.
• Construct, install and repair structures, fixtures and equipment.
• Perform masonry and cement work.
• Operate dump truck and/or snow plow to assist with snow removal.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written communications.
• Use excellent communication and human relations skills.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 4 support position working Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with an hourly wage of $17.62. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance; retirement; tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer