|Reports To:||Associate Dean of Students|
|About the Position:||The purpose of this position is to communicate the benefits of a WITCC education; to assist students by assessing their strengths, interests and challenges; to provide academic and career advising and case management to enable students to move from college to employment.|
|Minimum Qualifications:||• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Work experience in related field.
• Valid driver's license.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
|Job Responsibilities:||• Advise students in the admission and registration processes, in changing or selecting a new program, and in developing educational completion and job placement career opportunities.
• Maintain confidential student records; write accurate case notes and progress reports.
• Develop and monitor individual service strategy to ensure students achieve their goals.
• Collect and analyze student information; conduct tests and interviews to appraise student's interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personal values for educational and career goals.
• Facilitate workshops and College Experience course using life/job skills curriculum; create and conduct labs to support curriculum; schedule workshops, labs and individual appointments; complete workshop data reports; track attendance and participation; and recruit speakers/presenters.
• Uses excellent communication and human relation skills.
• Uses database applications to create and manage files and communicate requested information, maintaining confidentiality.
|Employment Conditions:||This is a full-time, grade 6, administrative position with an annual wage of $43,504 grant funded. Benefits include health, dental, long-term disability and group life insurance; retirement, tuition waiver; paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.|
|Application:||Minorities and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply. A completed application will include: 1) WITCC Application for Employment form ; 2) resume; 3) a letter stating qualifications, and 4) a copy of transcripts.
An Application form is available from the Human Resources office or on this web page. Applications should be completed and returned to:
WITCC Human Resources Office
P. O. Box 5199, Sioux City, IA 51102-5199
(712) 274-6400; FAX (712) 274-6412
1-800-352-4649, e-mail: email@example.com
WITCC is an AA/EEO Employer