GAP Tuition Assistance
Western Iowa Tech Community College utilizes the Gap Tuition Assistance Program to provide tuition support for eligible participants in Iowa.
To be eligible, the Continuing Education program itself must offer one of the following:
- Credential or certification
- State, national, or locally recognized certificate
- Preparation for a professional exam/licensure
- Endorsement to existing credential/license
Why offer Gap Tuition Assistance?
Non-credit certificate programs are not eligible for federal financial aid. This program fills the gap in providing resources to populations that would otherwise not be able to afford training.
What programs are approved for this program?
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Boiler Operator
- Production Welding
- Residential Plumbing Certificate
- Solid Works Essentials
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- Advanced Medical Life Support
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Emergency Medical Technician
- IV Therapy: Concepts & Tech.
- LPN Supervising in Health Care
- Medication Aide
- Medication Manager
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Pharmacy Technician
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support
- Safety & Health Specialist
- ServSafe Certificate
- Information Technology
- Basic Computer / Networking
- Transportation and Logistics
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
|| Total Household Income Eligible Range
|Note: add $6,720 (150%) - $11,200 (250%) for each additional family member
How do I get involved?
Contact us to request an application packet or download a Gap Tuition Assistance Program Application Packet.
Who do I call for more information?
Program Contact is shown on the left. Feel free to call or e-mail any questions you may have.