Trades & Industries
Environmental Safety & Health
Health & Safety
Industrial Solutions
Special Interests

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is continuing education?

Continuing education programs are educational opportunities offered to individuals throughout their lifecycle. These programs cover a range of experiences including courses, camps, conferences, and certificate programs.

If you already have a degree, you may take continuing education courses to upgrade your skills or expand your knowledge base. Continuing education offerings provide flexible and innovative options, encompassing everything from intimate workshops in creative writing to intensive certificate programs for business leaders.

Will I earn college credit toward a degree in a continuing education course?

You may be able to earn some college credit depending on the program and course. Working with advisors at Western Iowa Tech will allow for the possibility to convert the continuing education training you receive into college credit. It is advisable to contact Western Iowa Tech prior to enrolling to see if academic credit is an option.

What is the difference between a certificate program and a certification?

Non-credit certificate programs are professional training or executive education programs that award certificates to participants upon successful completion of one or more modules.

Certification programs are designed to provide training to individuals, who are required to have and maintain specific levels of knowledge and skills in their job categories, often as a legal requirement to perform their duties. Certification programs may carry credits, and may be prerequisites for licensure.

What is a CEU?

CEU stands for "Continuing Education Unit." A CEU is a unit of credit equal to ten hours of participation in an accredited program designed for professionals with certificates or licenses to practice various professions. Such professionals include engineers, financial advisers, accountants, plumbers, HVAC technicians, electricians, and healthcare workers.

Is there an admissions process to enroll in a class at the Corporate College?

There is no admissions process and no requirements. You simply register, pay for courses at the time of registration, and attend courses of your choice. The registration process is easy and may be done in person, over the phone, by mail or by fax.

What forms of payment do you accept?

We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and purchase orders.

Is there financial aid for Continuing Education classes?

There is financial assistance available for some career training programs for those who qualify.

Why do you want so much information when I take a class, particularly social security number and birth date?

We have the names of several hundred thousand current and former students in our computer system. If we duplicate you, or put your information under another person, or add another person's information to your record, your transcripts and bills will be wrong. For those of you that take courses to keep up your professional licenses, or because of a court order, accurate reporting is essential.

How can I become an instructor?

We are always looking for new, quality instructors, for a range of courses that we offer. If you have lots of enthusiasm, experience, and want to better your community please email us at

I am a veteran, how can I find information on which classes I can attend with my VA benefits?

Please visit for details, or contact Don Duzik 712.274.6403 /
Please email for an appointment.

I am not sure if Corporate College provides the training I am looking for?

Calling Corporate College is a great place to start the discussion. Call 712-274-6418 and find out what options are available.

I only have a couple of employees is customized training still an option?

Absolutely! Call 712-274-6418 and discuss options. Class size ranges from 1 to 100+.