High School Equivalency
The HSED program from Educational Testing Service (ETS) replaces the traditional GED program at WITCC, offering an accessible and affordable alternative to those seeking a High School equivalency diploma.
To earn your HSED, you must pass the five HiSET® tests: reading, math, writing, social studies and science.
- Free pretests are administered through the HiSET® Preparation sites.
- The test is priced at $50 which covers registration, scoring and transcripts.
- Up to two free tests per subject are included for up to a year from original test (three tests per subject per year maximum).
- There is a $10 diploma fee paid when you have completed all five tests.
- Copies of your diploma can be ordered through www.DiplomaSender.com.
- Testing is available in Sioux City, Le Mars, Cherokee and Denison.
- Testing in Spanish is available in Sioux City, Denison and Le Mars.
A high school equivalency diploma can increase your lifetime earnings, but don't stop there! In Iowa, residents with college degrees earn almost twice as much as adults with a high school diploma or less.
4647 Stone Avenue
Robert H. Kiser, A424
M-Th 8am - 7pm
F 9am - noon
200 Victory Drive
Call for hours<
11 N 35th Street
M 6pm - 8pm
T 11am - 1pm, 6pm - 8pm
W 11am - 1pm, 6pm - 8pm
Th 11am - 1pm
Sioux City - Goodwill
3100 W 4th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
T - Th 1pm - 3pm
The Le Mars Center
25 5th Avenue NW
M & W 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Call 712.274.8733 Ext 1228
PLEASE NOTE: Persons seeking to meet the Iowa High School Equivalency
Diploma requirements should be aware of companies
that claim to offer the Test of General Education
Development (GED) over the Internet or through
correspondence courses. There are no online correspondence
testing programs recognized by the General Education
Development Testing Service (GEDTS) of the American
Council on Education (ACE).