GED Contact Information
Sioux City Staff
712.274.8733 ext. 1228
Classes are FREE for adults 17 and older and are self-paced so you work
as quickly as you want (daytime or evening class available).
The current GED test series expires on December 31, 2013. If you haven't finished all five GED tests by then, you will have to start over on January 2, 2014.
For more information, contact Mary Beth Daugherty at 712-274-8733, ext. 1228, 800-352-4649, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Location: WITCC Campus, 4647 Stone Avenue, Corporate College Room B201,
712-274-8733 ext 1228
GED Specialist: Derek Albert
Instructors: Blanca Gomez and Marcia Donkersloot; Lab Aide Mary Beth Daugherty
Time: M-Th 8am - 8pm
F 9am - 12noon
Testing is now done in the Testing Center. Please call 712.274.6443 and set up an appointment.
|Location: WITCC Campus Conference Center, 200 Victory Drive
Time: Please call the Cherokee campus at 712.225.0238 for a schedule of class dates and times
Instructor: Jolleen Hunecke
Location: WITCC Campus, Room B4
Time: T/Th 11am - 1pm/5pm - 8pm
Stop by the front desk to be directed to the classroom or to purchase books.
Instructor: Katherine Dirksen
|Location: The LeMars Center, 940 Lincoln Street SW
Time: T 5:30 - 8:30pm
Instructor: Cindy Wilberding
|Facts about the GED
PLEASE NOTE: Persons seeking to meet the Iowa High School Equivalency
Diploma requirements should be aware of companies
that claim to offer the Test of General Education
Development (GED) over the Internet or through
correspondence courses. There are no online correspondence
testing programs recognized by the General Education
Development Testing Service (GEDTS) of the American
Council on Education (ACE). Persons can only
take the Official GED Test Battery at an approved
Iowa GED test center. The only way to receive
an Iowa High School Equivalency Diploma is to
successfully pass the Official GED Test Battery
by Iowa state standards.
- To earn your GED, you must pass the five GED tests: Reading, Math,
Writing, Social Studies, and Science.
- Testing fee is $100 and covers all five tests.
- Free pretests are administered to assess your readiness for GED testing.
- Free instructional training and workshops are available for you to help prepare you for your test.
- We provide accommodations for students with learning disabilities. Documentation of a learning disability is required. Call for more information.
- GED graduates earn an average of $7,000 per year more than those
without a GED or high school diploma.
- The GED diploma is accepted by more than 95 percent of U.S. employers,
colleges, and universities.
- Four out of ten high school graduates could not pass the GED tests.
- 97 percent of WITCC GED candidates pass!
- Your GED will be issued by the Iowa Department of Education.
Western Iowa Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other protected basis as defined in Iowa or federal law as amended from time to time in its educational programs, activities, admission procedures or employment practices. Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against may file a complaint through the College's Grievance or Complaint Procedures. Complaint or Grievance Forms and Procedures may be obtained from the WITCC Human Resources Department, Dr. Robert H. Kiser Building, Room A242, (712) 274-6400, Ext. 1220.